Remember on The Facts of Life when Tootie was president of the Jermaine Jackson Fan Club? And Mrs. Garrett told her she couldn’t go to the Jermaine Jackson concert because she had been slacking off in school and she had also made a commitment to help with Jo’s fundraiser?
Well, in case you forgot, Tootie has this like screaming babyish temper tantrum and Mrs. Garrett agrees to take her to the concert. See, she got her way even though she was acting like a narcissistic diva.
On Monday Bill Handel made the announcement that Todd Wilson was no longer with the show.
And KFI gave us the old “management decided to change Todd’s shift” excuse. I might have believed that.
Except…they also decided to punish Gary Hoffmann by moving him out of the studio he’s worked in for the past five years or whatever, and into the small news booth attached to Bill’s studio. Meaning, Bill can look over and mad dog Gary whenever he gets a little out of line. What with his witty comments and show prep and everything.
It’s been obvious for a while that Bill has given up on his show and has been phoning it in. (Sorry, Bill. Simply saying random words loudly does not equal material.) It still worked though because Gary and Todd were delivering the goods. But now? With Todd gone and Gary banished to the closet? Not so much.
For the record, I’m not buying that “shift change” nonsense.
Here’s the real scoop.
- Todd and Gary tease Bill.
- Todd and Gary are funnier than Bill.
- Bill needs to be the center of attention.
- Bill has a temper tantrum.
- Management (Robin) sides with Bill.
- Robin moves Todd to the Rush Limbaugh/Bill Carroll shift.
- Robin pushes Gary into that news booth.
- Bill now acts like a giddy bitch, having won the pissing contest.
- The show loses whatever sense of humor it previously had.
- Awkwardness, boringness, lameness ensue.
Enjoy your morning show, studs! Let me know if you need recommendations for something else to listen to.
P.S. Also let me know if you wanna come over and watch The Facts of Life with me! Or Brady Bunch. I’m equally fond of both series.